Monday, June 4, 2007

Agility and Parkinson

Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:46 am
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Dr. Rodriquez,
Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:44 am Post subject: Q: Agility

I was refereed by Dr.Kathrynne Holden to post the following question for your elaboration and advise:

I am a PD patient for the past of two years and is on
medication i.e. one each sinemet 25/100 in three times and one Jumex in two times a day.

I have abilities difficulties during my exercises in gym and daily life as follows:

1.Able to move quickly or easily and neat in movement; nimble

2.Quickly to grip/seizing something firmly both from fingers/ hand to take

3.Easily to lost my grip on the slope

4.Agile mind to think quickly or acute

My physical trainer told me I have difficulties of agility
in his physical training program and I am not improving.

Is it an aging process or advancing stages of PD?


Kindly advise.

TEO KIM HOE

Back to top


Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD



Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 94
Location: www.nutritionucanlivewith.com
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:00 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Teo,
These are very good questions, but again I must request that you post them to "Ask the Doctor," as my practice is concerned with nutrition.
_________________
Best regards,
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD



Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 90

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:04 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, Dr. Rodriguez is unavailable right now. It is difficult to get Internet access at our hotel...

But I think, to answer your question, it could be the progression of your PD. Or you are not optimized in your current medication.

Yours,
_________________
Hubert H. Fernandez

Back to top

No comments: