Sunday, October 21, 2007

Phlegm and Cough :Parkinson's

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:52 am Post subject: Phlegm and cough:Parkinson's

Dear Doctor,

Recently I have excessive phlegm deep in my throat that irritated me with cough especially when I lie down at bed.

I have seen ENT and pulumonologist for treatment.

Kindly enlighten me the causes of the diseases. I have saliva too.

Is it caused me phlegm deep in my throat?

Best regards

TEOKIMHOE
Back to top


Dr. OkunJoined: 19 Jan 2007Posts: 251Location: University of Florida
Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:11 am Post subject:

If you have PD, then it is best to: 1- see a neurologist for medication optimization; and potentially botox if too much saliva 2- see a speech language pathologist for a swallowing study 3- potentially see an allergist or a pulmonologist

You will need to work out the cause and then decide on best treatment._________________Michael S. Okun, M.D.

Back to top

No comments: