Thursday, December 20, 2007

Early parkinson's patient

fully aware that the early stage of PD patient does not accept that he has symptoms of PD even have been diagnosed by doctors.. He treats it as an aging process as the result the patient end up with Parkinson's progression. Besides Parkinson's has symptoms with other related diseases and some doctors wrongly diagnosed as an age aging process. I am one of the sufferer's. It takes me four years to be treated as Parkinson's patient. I am fortunate that my PD is slow progression.as I do daily exercises far ahead for changes of my body.movement. The late Parkinson's treatment aggravates the sickness further and could not to be normal and enjoy good quality life. Therefore a good start to tackling health issues is to understand the diseases themselves. As an early PD patient I experience emotional disorders - anxiety,depression, apathy, uncertainties and stress. : I have fear as follows:- When do I tell others, and what do I say? Whether to tell " is a question posed by many people in the early stage of PD disease. 1. Is it jeopardize my job? Don't let other people feel sorry for me and for my wife and children? 2. Keep it yourself as secret and privacy and once it reveals you feel sorry as you cannot take it back. 3. I feel relieve as I tell out and I could get some support. 4. It is hard to keep it secret as PD is a not ' going on "disease and the tension of hiding it. 5. It helps more people to aware the diseases and encourage more set up support group and seminars i.e fund raising for the poor patients and learn to manage and overcome the disease and feel you are not alone. TEO KIM HOE

You bring up many thoughts, upon dx you either accept what your Neurologistssays or go for another opinion. Then you do research and read what ever reliable sources you can. By trying to understand the disease is the only way one can accept it. Do we tell others? I feel only if it makes you feel more comfortable in doing so, they may see symptoms you have that you don't even realize are seen by others. But above all tell your family & loved ones it is only fair, let them deal with it how ever they choose. You will find most people do not know that much about the disease and are most often surprised how the disease affects so many parts of our body. Deean

1 comment:

matina said...



i was diagnosed of parkinson disease 5 years ago,i started azilect then mirapex as the disease progressed in frebuary last year,and i started on parkinson disease herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic,few months into the treatment i made a significant recovery,almost all my symptoms are gone,great improvement with my movement and belance,it been a year and life has been so good for me,contact them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com