Friday, December 21, 2007

Agility

Living with parkinson's for the past of two years and is on medication.

I have physicial difficulties as follows:

1.Able to move quickly or easily and neat in movement; nimble

2.Quickly to grip/seizing something firmly both from fingers/ hand to take

3.Easily to lost my grip on the slope

4.Agile mind to think quickly or acute

Is it an aging process or advancing stages of PD?

You bring up many thoughts, upon dx you either accept what your Neurologists says or go for another opinion. Then you do research and read what ever reliable sources you can. By trying to understand the disease is the only way one can accept it. Do we tell others? I feel only if it makes you feel more comfortable in doing so, they may see symptoms you have that you don't even realize are seen by others. But above all tell your family & loved ones it is only fair, let them deal with it how ever they choose. You will find most people do not know that much about the disease and are most often surprised how the disease affects so
many parts of our body. Deeann

Teo, my friend, these things could be PD, or could be the fact that you are 68. Probably some combination of the two. I empathize with you. I have had to give up mountain hiking and long distance bicycling due to age and PD. However, I think it is good to stay as active as we can.

i agree with jacki to can no longer do my runs that i loved. there are days i feel like i am a 100 yr old lady just hobbling around. i do try to do whatever i can to keep active even if its at a snails pace now.
Lee

No comments: