Sunday, January 27, 2008

Is Exercise harmful or worsen Parkinson ;pateint?

Joined: 03 Mar 2007Posts: 33Location: Malaysia
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:40 am Post subject: Is Exercise harmful or worsen Parkinson patient?

Exercise is helpful for PD to slowdown from it's progression. However, some exercises are not suitable for PD. It depends on individual's physcial abilities/endurance. Let us discuss what are exercises suitable for PD and not worsen the diseases?_________________to help the PD patients aware the diseases and encourage to set up support groups to educate the patients and their immediate families
Back to top


GautamJoined: 01 Mar 2007Posts: 36Location: Goa, India
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:51 am Post subject:

I am not sure which exercises are harmfull for PD, but I recommend Yoga, Tai Chi, Deep breathing exercises and swimming. In addition, stretching exercises are a must. Cycling, provided you can still maintain your balance!! Gautam
Back to top


wheelersceJoined: 02 Mar 2007Posts: 270Location: MI
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:42 am Post subject:

I walk and do Curves. I've wondered if any of the other women out there do Curves. It may not be as good for stiffness and balance as Yoga or Tai Chi, but I figure something is better than nothing when it comes to exercise, and this works well with my schedule and lifestyle. sw
Back to top




granniDJoined: 21 Oct 2007Posts: 71Location: Calgary Alberta Canada
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:49 pm Post subject: Curves Grannid

wheelersce wrote:
I walk and do Curves. I've wondered if any of the other women out there do Curves. It may not be as good for stiffness and balance as Yoga or Tai Chi, but I figure something is better than nothing when it comes to exercise, and this works well with my schedule and lifestyle. swI go to Curves as much as I can I have had to take a 3 months break because the weather keeps me confined for alot of days. and my shoulder was acting up Anyway it helped me a lot and I wasn't really aware of how much it did for me until I quit going. It is very good for the legs and feet and the depression. Somehow i don't know why but exercise lifts the Spirit as well. I will be going back in April for sure Grannid
Back to top

No comments: