Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Discussion: Boxing-punching exercises

What's Being Discussed Here? boxing, GYM, mobility, yoga, Exercise, NOW, Yoga, Off balance

Anybody else hitting the heavy bag or boxing for PD therapy?I saw an article about how it improved PD symtems.My doctor recommended it and said a gym in Indy is giving free lessons to PD patients.All I know it really helps workout your frustrations.I've added it to my workout and I feel pretty good afterwardsBonecrusher

It is a good exercise for Parkinson Patient.I am taking this Box and Kick Exercises (Thai Boxing) for two and half years in my fitness centre besides body combat. I engage a trainer to guide me two times a week and each training last for a hour. It is advisable to engage a trainer as PD patients would find difficulty to do box and kick exercises as it involves your body balance and mobility. You need endurance and flexibility.After spending three hours in gym fitness centre daily except sunday. I attend class exercises, yoga, body combat, pump and spinning I do not look like Parkinson patient as I am now normal as told by my doctor and friends in the fitness centreI am a PD fighter and hero. I battle with Parkinson for two and half years. The credits are my consistencies, preservation,endurance and discipline towards exercises and medications. I wish to thank Dr.Chew Nee Kong, my neurologlist for his excellent medication.

TEOKIMHOE I live about 1 1/2 hours SE of Indy and can't see paying for the gas to get there so I just punch the bag I have in the basement along with my regular workout.I agree that exercise and staying active is great therapy for PD.It really helps me with my stiffness along with my mental well being.Sometimes it's hard to find the time or keep myself motivated to stay on top of it,but I always feel better afterwards


Source: PatientsLikeMe

No comments: