Monday, February 25, 2008

Dry Mouth: Benzhexol

How to deal with dry mouth? Medication?Sticky,thick saliva causes PD patient with dry mouth and difficulty to talk as your tongue is rough. They have cracked lip sat the corners of the mouth. This is the sideeffect of Benzhexol. This medication helps the PD patients from drooling the saliva from the mouth as the result the saliva become thick and sticky.

teokimhoe,What is Benzhexol? I have at times, had exactly as you describe with dry mouth but I don't have any medication with that name.When dry mouth occurs I love to put ice chips in my mouth. My kids would say welcome to dry mouth because I do not talk as much!!

I get dry mouth from Benedryl and from tea, and listerene. Quite a few, if not all of the PD meds list dry mouth as a side effect. As I posted in another thread, my dentist and my hygeniest daughter say this can cause gum and teeth problems. The thing to watch for os red swollen gums, and crowns falling out.

Source: PatientsLikeMe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wadonxrum981
I think you are wrong and many people will not agree with you...