Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Revealation by a PD patient (2)

Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:40 pm Post subject: Revealation by a PD patient

its a shock to be told you have PD. It seems like a misdiagnosis. At the same time as its revealed ,you become scarred that its even more scary like Ataxia or hopeful its all a mistake.It takes around 2 years for any diagnosis to sink in apparently, and you would have to be very philosophical not to feel all those emotions.You sound like you are doing a good awareness rasing job, but don't forget to give yourself space as well .Teokimhoe are you telling us that you are still having those symptoms of anxiety,depression, apathy, uncertainties and stress, and is it posing a problem? I have had PD for 3 yrs and I think you are in good physical condition and sounds as if you do understand the disease. Perhaps we are not understanding you right, don't give up just keep on asking us. I do not have those symptoms only seldom but I know you do not like Levadopa but it does help me\TeoKimhoe, I understand the persistent nature of depression,anxieties amd such. I have had 3 bouts of major depression, and all the research shows a very close link with depression and Parkinsons. You are doing good things by staying engaged with people and performing daily exercise, which also helps depression. There is a release of brain chemicals, endorphins,that lift the mood. If I can't do my Tae Kwan Do practice, within 3 days I have started to lose flexiibility,strength and motivation. And I am very hard to live with. Parkinsons takes a variable course for each person,it is good that you recognize the depression and issues-perhaps a neutral person like a therapist may be of help, and if you are depressed to the point of immobility,apathy,suicidal thinking you must be treated with medication by someone who is knowledgeable in the special care of the person with Parkinsons and depression. I take Stalevo and when it wears off, and I am tired, I become extremely emotional. This is a great forum in which to get help,continue to post,there are always members around with great ideas. Regards,
Back to top
'

Dr. FernandezJoined: 20 Jan 2007Posts: 90
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:40 pm Post subject:

Thank you for your encouraging message! It is much appreciated. Yours,_________________Hubert H. Fernandez

No comments: