Saturday, February 2, 2008

Is PD patient to be single?

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:55 am Post subject: Is PD patient to be single?

There are 15% of PD patients who are diagnosed to have PD before the age of 40 years, some of them still be single. Marriage is a very delicate issue in PD. it is also a tough decision. Some worried that they will become a burden to their spouses in the future._________________to help the PD patients aware the diseases and encourage to set up support groups to educate the patients and their immediate families
Back to top


Rogerstar1Joined: 14 Mar 2007Posts: 201
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:06 am Post subject:

Teokimhoe- What is your point of view and/or circumstances concerning the interesting issue you seem to be inviting discussion of? Also, from an earlier post, does the common man with PD in Malaysia have adequate access to L-dopa and other medications for this disease? best, Roger
Back to top


jojobeanJoined: 03 Mar 2007Posts: 100Location: salt Lake city, Utah
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:21 pm Post subject: single? what a blessing. so tired of men chasing me

Being single can be a blessiing. I find I have more fun than most of my married friends who are now becoming tied down as caretakers. I'm finally realizing I can make it alone and still be happy. And happy I am, most of the time. I have lots of friends both kinds, going to lunch or breakfast or having them over to eat here, with one or another, quite often, and family around when I need them. I've been part of a poets club for a long time, once a month meeting around a big fire pit, waiting for the full moon to show while we snack and visit and then share something we wrote. It's great!. Come to think of it I've never really had time to be alone. Always someone living with me, and maybe in the near future we can find a home for my daughter and her boys and then I'm sure I'll find it lonesome around here for a little while. But then I have tenants downstairs, and neighbors that run back and forth and my shop is constantly calling, so maybe I won't be lonely after all. Anyway I think our circumstances are always a challenge no matter what they are. "And that's what we're here to make the best of. So whatever it takes to keep sociable and doing things like playing chess on the net or ping pong in the garage etc etc, I'll do it. Life is fun, for the most part even when limited in a wheel chair. Which I sometimes use, mostly when tired. But reaching out to others is where it's at, sharing who you are and what you enjoy while finding out what they do to. Then wether single or not you'll find companionship and someone to giggle with besides sharing your tears. Try it. Be the friendliest person you possible can be and reach others who are scared to death of the future too. They need you and you need them. Well I"m off to chase that new guy I just met. Wish me luck. (To stay single.) But I still love to smooch, so look out men. Here I come! God bless and help you, Sincerely, JoAnn_________________jojobean (alias Jo, JoAnn, or The Good witch of the North, Don't ask me why but, Heh heh heh ~~ I like you folks with a single central eye!
Back to top

No comments: