Monday, February 25, 2008

REQUIP (Ropinirole) and Compulsive Behaviours

Requip is dopamine agonists. It is different with Levodopa. Both are the most effective medications for the treatment of PD, and are considered the firsr line of treatment. It depends on dividual whether they have compulsive behaviour.I am taking 12 mg Requip and one Sinemet 20/100 mg daily. It improving my movement mobilities. Thank to my doctor Chew Nee Kong


Requip is one of dopamine agonist that treats Parkinson's diseases. I am on Requip medication for the past of seven months. It is a wonder drug for some patients as it helps my movement mobilities. Like other medications it has sideeffects if you continue as it depends individual. Discuss with your doctor for advice.

I have been taking 24 mg of requip for about 1&1/2 years now and have developed compusive behaviors over the last year that my Neuro feels is severe enough to cut back the requip over the next month to a minimal dose and then stop altogether. He has been researching his problem and recognised it in me when I approached him for help. Requip works wonders in some patients but the side afects are too severe for me. ..............Just an update... it has been 2 weeks now since I have stopped taking requip and do feel more in control. I had to increase the sinemet to compensate

Requip is Like all the other PD meds, it helps some with no side effects, it helps others but has side effects, and finally it gives some only the side effects. One will experience this with all the meds, but there is hope. Keep an open dialog with your doctor and us. Your doctor is there to listen to you and change your meds or adjust your dose to fit your needs.




....requip can make you do some really strange things. For instance with me it wasn't gambling it was puzzles. In the past three months I have completed no less than seventeen 1000 piece puzzles, mounted them and put them on the wall. I have gotten so many that I sign them and if you come visit me you pick out a puzzle and I send it home with you. I only like a certain kind and the harder the better. I always keep two back so I don't run out and I can spend HOURS just working on these. I just finished a 500 piece one in 12 hours. Now am I sick or what. I'm trying to channel my compulsivness somewhere else and so now it's PLM. I'm hoping to take it one step further and focus on eating right and less. I'm thinking there could be a positive side to this
Mark this post as helpful

Source: PatientsLikeMe

No comments: