Sunday, February 10, 2008

Thrist leads to Dehydration

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:29 am Post subject: Thrist leads to dehydration

I am one of sufferer of dehydration. It is the sideeffect of Levodopa and dopamine agonists medication. Dehydration is a loss or deficiency of water in body tissues. The condition may result from inadequate water intake and/or excessive removal of water from the body i.e by sweating, vomiting or diarrhoea. Symptoms include great thirst,nausea and exhaustion. Thirst leads to dehydration. In order to minimize the sideefect of PD medications: 1.I apply "Biotane" gel to moisturizing my dryness lips 2. taking" Biotane" gum to minimize my dryness mouth 3. using "Biotane "mouth wash to minimize my rough and sticky tongue. Besides I am taking two litre of water daily to minimise my thirst as I am doing strenuous exercises daily
Back to top


Dr. OkunJoined: 19 Jan 2007Posts: 251Location: University of Florida
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:24 am Post subject:

Thank you for the post. The PD meds actually cause lowering of blood pressure which may have similar symptoms as dehydration. We do not recommend biotane for our clinic patients. Thank you for the post/comment._________________Michael S. Okun, M.D.

No comments: