Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Why Me?

: Why me?

No warning, no preparation The Doctor's word hung dead in the air you have "Parkinson's disease PD" . I had no idea about what he was talking about. And the doctor kept silent- that was the beginning of my journey that I have traveled for the past of three years........_________________to help the PD patients aware the diseases and encourage to set up support groups to educate the patients and their immediate families
Back to top




cfinlaysonJoined: 29 Jun 2007Posts: 43
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:48 am Post subject:

I think that most of felt the same when we got the news. I did. I denied it for a long time and even thought that I was being punished for something I had done wrong in my life. But over time, through many trials and tribulations and many days of going to the Lord in prayer, I have been blessed in so many ways. My eyes have been opened as well as my heart to things that really matter on this earth. I have found out what needs and wants are. I have felt empathy and compassion as I never have before in my life. My heart aches for so many who have this disease as well as any heart ache in their life. I have found my strength in my faith and going to God in prayer and having a one on one relationship with him. I know others get their strength elsewhere. I do believe that having a positive attitude helps you get through so many things in life and prayer is very powerful. I am a Christian, and I am a sinner. We all sin everyday and we all get down from time to time. We are only human. I have asked many days why me Lord, but now I get up every morning and thank him for the blessings in my life. Don't get me wrong, Parkinson's Disease is not a blessing, but the way it has changed my life and with the help of God opening my eyes and softening my heart, has humbled me. I tell everyone in my life that if I had a choice to go through what my husband and I have been through over the last 3-4 years, I would do it again in heartbeat if I knew it would have brought me this close to Christ. I know not everyone feels the same way I do and not everyone has the same beliefs. But, when I say I am praying for you, I mean that in the most sincere and humble way. I will pray for you, not to offend you, not that I think you have something wrong with you, but because that is what I do, what I enjoy, what makes me feel good. If I know going to the Lord in prayer will help you deal with this disease or just to let you know that there is someone that cares for you and is concerned about your well being, then I will go to God in prayer as I do many times throughout my day. I hope that I haven't offended you, but I do care and I wish you the best. In Christian Love, Candy
Back to top




Archduke Ferdinand IIJoined: 12 Aug 2007Posts: 179
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:19 pm Post subject:

cfinlayson wrote:
I denied it for a long time and even thought that I was being punished for something I had done wrong in my life. Parkinson's Disease is purely a biochemical problem. Nobody has caused it by the way they have behaved.Last edited by Archduke Ferdinand II on Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top




cfinlaysonJoined: 29 Jun 2007Posts: 43
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:28 pm Post subject:

I never said that we have PD becasue of the way we behave. I was trying to make a statement and say that we are human and sometimes we question God. I don't use your quotes in any of my statements and I would rather you not use mine, unless you use the entire message. Thanks, Candy
Back to top




wheelersceJoined: 02 Mar 2007Posts: 350Location: MI
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:40 pm Post subject:

I know that at first I was certain it was something I did, too, and I still wonder from time to time. Thanks for sharing, Candy. SW
Back to top


Archduke Ferdinand IIJoined: 12 Aug 2007Posts: 179
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:59 pm Post subject:

cfinlayson wrote:
I never said that we have PD becasue of the way we behave. I was trying to make a statement and say that we are human and sometimes we question God. I don't use your quotes in any of my statements and I would rather you not use mine, unless you use the entire message. Thanks, CandyI quoted only one sentence out of what you had written to show what I was referring to. Although you don't, some people do - very wrongly - almost feel guilty about having Parkinson's Disease.
Back to top


AhimsajackJoined: 25 Apr 2007Posts: 542
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:25 pm Post subject:

Just to throw my lousy two cents into this thread. As a scientist my brain agrees with Joe or Bob, PD has nothing to do with our behaviour, or does it? There is some hypothoses that statistically correlate PD with one's profession, and location(exposure). That was my scientific answer. Now for a spiritual answer. I am not a member of any religion but do kind of follow Hinduism and Buddhism, each of which has the concept of karma, you reap what you sow. I am not saying that I totally believe this, nor am I implying any of you deserve PD. No one does. I am only putting another idea on the table. Jack_________________We are what we think, with our thoughts we create our world.
Back to top




Display posts from

No comments: