Friday, March 21, 2008

Recently diagnose ( 2 )

teokimhoeJoined: 03 Mar 2007Posts: 78Location: MalaysiaPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:37 pm Post subject:I was diagnosed at last as parkinson’s patient in the year 2005. It take me seven years to be diagnosed as Parkinson’s illness. I have seen three neurologlists for the past sven years in three different countries. The first neurologlist was told I am in the process of age ageing and am normal. I was also treated as a normal by the second neurologlist in another country. I am very fortunate I am in the early stage of Parkinson’s and slow in progression . Regular exercises and medications relieve me from body stiffness and mobility. I thank Dr. Chew Nee Kong. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for his execellent medications for treatment of my Parkinson’s disease. He is actively involved for awareness of Parkinson’s in Malaysia. I give him double bonus for his unselfish service for the care and welfare for Parkinson’s patients._________________to help the PD patients aware the diseases and encourage to set up support groups to educate the patients and their immediate families
About 5% of Parkinson’s patients are young-onset PD ( symptoms starting before the age of 40). My youngest patient, a Chinese gentleman, was 23 when he was diagnosed to have PD. I have another Malay patient who started having PD when she was 26. Last year, I met another Indian gentleman who had his PD since age 32. Thus, PD deserves a lot of attention from our government because it does not spare any race or ethnic group, and even the young are also affected. This April - May, we are going on a massive publicity campaign for Malaysian Parkinson’s community, in conjunction with the World Parkinson’s Day (April 11). One of the important messages that we will highlight to the Malaysian government is the very fact that even the young, who are still in the productive period in their lioves, also suffer due to PD. Hopefully, five years from now, the Malaysian Parkinson’s community will no longer be neglected as they are today. Dr Chew Nee Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

No comments: