Saturday, April 26, 2008

dizzinnesss at all the time

I am confused. Lately I have dizzinness all the times after I have T.I.A (Blood Clot) recently.I have done my MRI, ECG, Heart, ENT screening by neuroglist, cardiologist and otoringologist and are fine.
My neurologist told me it is the sideeffect of the PD medication that lowering your blood level. He wrote me the following :-
"I am glad that your dizziness has subsided. Dizziness is a very common symptom among Parkinson's patients. It needs extensive work-up, e.g. blood pressure, heart rhythm, blood tests (diabetes) and even brain scan. A common cause of dizziness among Parkinson's patients is the medications for PD, which can lower the blood pressure. Commonly, I use fludrocortisone to elevate the blood pressure. Parkinson's patients need regular blood pressure monitoring (lying position and standing). Dr Chew Nee Kong".
However, after I have stopped taking my supplements my dizzinness are subsided and gone.
I worry that the dizzinness would come again as there are two different diagnosis of the syndrome.
My nutritionist told me:
The symptoms you had got such as low blood pressure, dry mouth, insomnia and fatigue are not related to supplements , but you can reduce the dose as to take one pack per day for a while if the symptoms still going on.

My question is this : Is the cause of my dizziness the result of my PD medication or is it the cause of my supplements, or both? Should my neurologist have prescribed me fludrocortisone (as claimed by him) upfront, to counter the possible effect of dizziness due to side effect of lowering of blood pressure?

Kindly advise.

No comments: