Sunday, June 8, 2008

ANXIETY

I am doing well with Requip 4 mg / 4 mg / 2 mg, Sinemet one / half / half and Selegiline 5 mg bd. My blood pressure is no longer low. In fact it has gone up to 150 / 80 in the late evening. In the evening, I also feel tired and tense. I know that my Parkinson's is well controlled, but I am often worried about the possibility of recurrence of TIA. I can fall asleep easily with Lorazepam 1.5 mg at night, but often wakes up early (4 am). After that, I can't fall asleep anymore. Kindly advise.


Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:15 am Post subject:

I have no further tips on TIA's and PD and I would refer you to your general doc and your neurologist for an in person discussion. Good luck._________________Michael S. Okun, M.D.



Joined: 02 Mar 2007Posts: 470Location: MI
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:23 am Post subject:

Dear Teo Kim Hoe, Welcome to the 4:00 am club, I was there for a while. See if your doctor might prescribe a sleeping pill rather than the lorazepam. Lunesta works for me--I'm now in the 6:00am club! I don't know if your Selegiline limits your choices, but you seem to have a good doctor who will know. Best wishes, Sue W.

No comments: