Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Blood Clot and Medication

I have blood clot (T.I.A) recently.
My medications One dose Plavix Clopidognel 75mg and Zocor 20mg daily.
After my blood clot I am active in gym exercises and my agility and flexibility are increased. I take part weight lifting, Body combat, Box and Kick exercises and body pump daily
My questions are:
Any chances would I receive another stroke after receiving the Plavix treatment (thinning my blood clot)?
Should I slowdown my gym exercises to prevent another stroke?
Is it true once you had a stroke it would come again (major stroke) within tw0 -three years?
How would prevent another stroke by medication, lifestyle and diets?
I was told that once you received the Plavix/aspirin medication you have to stop taking them for one to two weeks before any surgeries therapies on you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Wendy Rosko and i would like to show you my personal experience with Zocor.

I am 60 years old. Have been on Zocor for 8 days now. MD stopped med when I reported muscle pain and sent me for a blood test to measure muscle inflamation. Off med for 2 days and still having muscle cramps in arms and legs. No generalized aching.

I have experienced some of these side effects -
had leg cramps which I didn't realize were a side effect. On day 8 I woke up feeling as if I had the flu - bad muscle aches and cramps.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Wendy Rosko