Monday, August 4, 2008

Is Parkinson's the end of the life?

Anonymous
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:40 am Post subject: Is Parkinson's the end of the life?

As PD not a disease by itself but rather a syndrome therefore parkinson is not the end of life. It is not the illness and not a"going away" disease. It progresses with time. Therefore we need the knowledge of the disease, a power on how to counter the disease to slowdown from its progression. Medication and exercises are important to activate your mobility and align your movements. Discipline yourself on your physical activities help you to have a quality of life. Diets and supplements are helpful for body maintance too. TEOKIMHOE
Back to top


Dr. OkunJoined: 19 Jan 2007Posts: 251Location: University of Florida
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:17 am Post subject:

Thanks for the comment._________________Michael S. Okun, M.D.

Parkinson's is not the End
by Staff Condition Overview
It’s there if we want it, but we must reach for it. Fulfillment is not far and is entirely accessible. A diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease is not a sentence of something terrible, if we accept it as we accept without question the consequences of ageing! We must move ahead into that part of our future within our control by:
Identifying our unused talents and skills.
Applying them.
How do we identify our latent abilities? Easy! Make a list, a long list, of goals in which you have an interest (what would you really like to do or be?), and one or two will stand out as being the most appealing because you plan to work on them first. It can get exciting! Every one of us has hidden abilities we have not yet used, as I discovered. Until I was a year or so into Parkinson’s, I had not realized I was able to write well. Now I have authored quite a few books. I discovered yet another hidden talent in writing children’s books. My new full-time avocation is keeping me busy and constantly presents new goals.
Just as Satisfied With Life Now As I Was Before Parkinson's Hit!
I wish to add the very important fact that I quit driving years ago— before I did something bad. This keeps me at home most of the time. My lovely bride of 37 years works full time, but that’s OK. I have plenty to look forward to, every day, as I count my blessings. Life is good.

1 comment:

Gomez Lila said...

My sister is 61 years and has been suffering from PD for the past 6years. Lately her condition started hallucinating and I did not know how to handle the situation. She could not sleep and tried to find and catch the imaginary people who she thinks are real, she had tremors for several years and was gradually becoming worse before we found PD herbal supplement from multivitamincare org that was able to get rid of her disease and alleviate all symptoms within the short period of her 15 weeks of usage.