Monday, October 6, 2008

Seroquel

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:36 am Post subject: seroquel

Dear Drs. I have been having a great deal of insomnia, and my neurologist has recommended Seroquel to be taken at bedtime. My meds at present are Requip xl 8mg, Sinemet 25/100 4 times daily. After reading the side effects of the Seroquel, it really frightens me to use it. What do you recommend for insomnia for a parkinsons patient? ?
Back to top

Dr. FernandezJoined: 20 Jan 2007Posts: 90
Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:49 pm Post subject:

Seroquel, in my experience, is generally safe. It has good sedating qualities, so is a good drug of insomnia. But I use it more for patients with hallucinations and delusions or behavioral problems. If you only need a medication to help you sleep, there are other meds that you can also mention to your doctor: trazodone, melatonin, clonazepam, lunesta, etc, etc. Yours,_________________Hubert H. Fernandez

No comments: