Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Does regular exercise slowdown the progression of PD (Forum)

teokimhoeJoined: 03 Mar 2007Posts: 132Location: Malaysia
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:06 am Post subject: Does regular exercise slowdown the progression of PD?

Physical exercise helps to maintain body fitness. However it neither relieves the motor symptoms nor slowdown the disease progression in Parkinson's._________________to help the PD patients aware the diseases and encourage to set up support groups to educate the patients and their immediate families
Back to top




harleybluzJoined: 29 Dec 2008Posts: 9
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:10 pm Post subject: Not necessarily

My Mom had PD and now I do. I don't really exercise but my Mom walked several miles daily and did weight strengthening exercises as well. She did everything she was supposed to do but the PD progressed rather quickly. I know that exercise will help you feel better mentally, which is big if you've got PD, and will also help your appetite and mobility. I'm sure it will help with many of the symptoms, so I would say exercise in one way of being in control of this thing. I've done more research on this disease since my Mom and I've read nothing that will slow the progress honey. But PLEEEEEESE, exercise for me too. I hate exercising. Maybe I'll feel better by proxy? :)
Back to top

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.