Monday, April 6, 2009

oral dental health and gum disease-forum

teokimhoeJoined: 03 Mar 2007Posts: 127Location: Malaysia
Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:43 pm Post subject: oral dental health and gum diseases

Oral dental health and Gum disease

Due to slow saliva swallowing in our throat (ridigity and stiffness of our facial muscle) we have phelgm, a thick substance produced in our nose and throat that caused bacterial infection and viruses that enter the body through mouth or nose we are at the risks by gum disease ( the pink parts inside our mouth that our teeth grow out of) it is common that parkinson patient often have loose teeth

Besides we have difficulty to hold on with our denture in our gum as we have thick and slippery phelgm even you put on the gel paste.

We have to clean our denture after every meal

_________________to help the PD patients aware the diseases and encourage to set up support groups to educate the patients and their immediate families
Back to top

');
//-->


cfinlaysonJoined: 29 Jun 2007Posts: 285
Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:36 am Post subject:

Teokimhoe, What you said sure makes sense. I had a cyst to form in my mouth and left a hole and caused me to have a wisdom tooth extraction with a bone graft. I still have a hole in the back of my mouth as well as the back for teeth on the bottom left side of my mouth are moveable, not to the point where they are about to come about, but when I bite down, I can feel them move. I have tried to explain to all of my doctor's about this, but because I don't run fever often, they just don't seem to think I have infection. Even the oral surgeon argued with me about having infection until he got under the tooth and had to get tons of pus and yucky stuff out. One day people are going to listen to us, because we know more about our bodies than anyone. Thanks for your comment. Candy

No comments: