Thursday, August 12, 2010

Is it dehydration or others? by Dr, Kathrynne Holden

It was happening on my third days after my europe winter tours.

I was suddenly weak and my both legs could not support me even my both hand hold firmly at the edge of desk I sat down with my buttock on the floor. I was awake and climb up after the sat down.

I was checked in the hospital for checkup; My blood pressure is normal. No explanation given for the sat down. I checked out the next day.

Question:

Is it dehydration?

Is it the climate interaction with my PD medications resulted the side effects of the sat down.

I stay in tropical country and was away for three weeks on Europe tour. Is it latitude distance north and south?

Kindly elaborate

Regards

TEOKIMHOE

to help the PD patients aware the diseases and encourage to set up support groups to educate the patients and their immediate families
0 Report
Back to top of the page up there ^
MultiQuote
Reply Edit
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#2 Kathrynne Holden, MS

Advanced Member

Group:
Ask the Dietician Moderators Posts:
463 Joined:
22-January 07 Locationwww.nutritionucanlivewith.com Posted Yesterday, 05:20 PM

Dear Mr. Teo,
It sounds like you got dizzy suddenly, and certainly dehydration could be a possibility. Dehydration is not uncommon when traveling, as it is often harder to remember to drink enough fluids.

If you were at an altitude higher than at home, this could also cause such dizziness. Higher altitudes mean there is less oxygen available, and until your body adapts, it can result in weakness, shortness of breath, or dizziness.

Medications for PD can also cause dizziness, and possibly being in a new climate, combined with the medications, caused your sudden weakness. If the new climate was warmer, or colder, than you are used to, that could make a difference.

I would discuss this with your doctor, who is in a much better position to give you the personal direction you require.

Best regards,

Kathrynne Holden, MS

No comments: